Re: What is squid able to handle?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 01:50:44 +0100

The more memory the marrier. Never let Squid occupy more than 50% of
your memory. The rest is used for file system buffers and as a emergency
reserve if Squid should grow unexpectedly.

CPU usage should grow close to linear to the amount of traffic being
processed.

Memory usage grows as the amount of cached data grows. Memory usage also
grows a little bit by the number of clients using the cache but the main
factor is (or at least should be) the amount of cached data.

---
Henrik Nordstrom