Re: [squid-users] assertion failed

From: Didi Rieder <adrieder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:25:59 +0100

--On Thursday, November 01, 2001 08:28:00 PM +0100 Henrik Nordstrom
<hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> Your Squid ran out of shared memory for the communication to diskd.
>
> Increase the amount of shared memory available to Squid, or consider
> switching to aufs/async-io instead of diskd.

Thanks for your answer!

Is there any way to estimate how much shared memory I should make available
to Squid?

My Sun machine has 2 gigs of mem, and 36 gig of cache space on disk. There
are a 1000 users who use the proxy.
The actual shm settings in /etc/system are the following:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=268435456
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100