Re: [squid-users] use squid to proxy an iis web server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:58:11 +0100

I assume you are setting up Squid in accelerator mode, not as a proxy.

Doing acceleration for multi-domain sites can be done like this:

1. Compile your Squid with --disable-internal-dns

2. Add the accelerated domains to /etc/hosts with the IP of the real
server

3. Configure squid.conf like

httpd_accel_host your.main.domain
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

acl myservers dst ip.of.real.server
acl HTTP protocol HTTP
acl port_80 port 80

http_access allow HTTP port_80 myservers

Or alternatively, as you seem to only be accelerating a single server
you can try the following:

httpd_accel_host ip.of.real.server
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
httpd_accel_single_host on