[squid-users] europeonline cache

From: <claus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:05:07 -0500 (EST)

Here is the idea...
We're an isp and we have an antena setup to Europeonline for our computers
inside the isp..
We're testing squid for the moment, only in our LAN ,but we would like to
implement it for our dial-up users too..
Since the europeonline satelite connection is very slow we would only like
squid to update it's cache through EuropeOnline

But when a dial-up user requests something that it doesnt exist in our
cache the retriving of that particular object shouldn't be done through
Europeonline but normally, because that is very slow..

To say that shortly...For example when something expires from our cache
this should be updated from Europeonline to save our bandw.
but when a user requests something we don't have we wouldnt want him to
connect to EON..
How can i do that
I hope i made myself understood...
Please help.. This would save me a lot of headache...