[squid-users] Re: please help me in transparent squid settings

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:57:33 +0100

Java applets requiring direct TCP/IP access to the origin server can't be
proxied. They should however still operate even if you proxy HTTP, provided
your client can reach the origin server using TCP/IP.

If you are using private addresses on your LAN, then I'd recomment looking
into masquerading for providing TCP/IP access to the Internet.

Regarding Squid transparent proxying with ipchains, see the Squid FAQ. But it
I don't think the proxying is the source of your problem, more likely the
disconnection from Internet routing is (and can be solved via masquerading).

Squid Hacker