Re: [squid-users] encryption of username and password

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:10:29 +0100

Basically you can't.

For this to be possible the browsers need to support proxying using https,
but to my knowledge browsers only support proxying using http.

Squid-2.5 has everything you need for doing this, but until browsers can be
convinced to use https to talk to the proxy you won't get very far..

You can ofcourse use a encrypted network such as IP-SEC between the user and
the proxy server, but this is outside the scope of Squid.

Squid Hacker