[squid-users] squid latency

From: Ahsan Ali <ahsan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:47:25 +0500

Hello guys,

I've noticed that Squid, although more efficient at cacheing than other
proxies, waits to download the entire page before sending it to the client.
To the masses, this makes it appear slower than say MS's ISA which displays
the content as it downloads. I understand that Squid takes less time to load
the entire page, but to my users, it doesn't appear to be that way. Also if
Squid waits to download the entire page and THEN starts sending it to the
client, the time the client waited for Squid to finish its own download, has
been wasted - very important for heavy websites and clients on dialup.

So does Squid really wait till it gets all or most of the content before
sending it to the client or am I way off the track with the problem
somewhere else?

If it does, can I change this behaviour or will it impact performance?

Thanks!