Re: [squid-users] Xeon / P3 / Dual decision

From: Andrew <tx3turbo4wd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:23:05 +1000

Seriously if you want performance you should be looking
at a dual Athlon MP system. In most benchmarks these
wipe the floor against dual Xeon systems.

Or you could save yourself some $$ and just get a single
Athlon XP 1800+ with 1.5gig DDR ram and then with the
$$ you save you could prolly have a hot backup machine
just using IDE drives.

Linux and Reiser FS would be the OS and filesystem
of choice.

Cheers

Andrew