[squid-users] Delay Pool Clarification

From: Kelly <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:08:52 -0500

I have a simple question regarding delay pools.

I've taken the following directly from the example in the docs:
delay_parameters 2 5000/150000 5000/120000

As I understand it, this will limit bandwidth on the file types listed in
the magic_words section to 5k/sec. My question is whether this is 5k of
total throughput, or 5k per user? The documentation with this example sort
of led me to believe that it would be 5k total bandwidth available to all
users - is this correct?

My goal is to limit the bandwidth used by each visitor when downloading
particular file types. I want to give them each 5k/sec max. Will this
example do that, or do I need to go about it another way?

Thanks.