[squid-users] rproxy

From: May Lyn Lis <maylynlis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:02:47 +0800 (CST)

I have installed squid 2.5 dev for ssl capability and
patch with rproxy for capability of
rewriting Location headers before passed on to the
client (for reverse proxy).

I've configure accelerator for internal webserver
using http_port and cache_peer directives.

http_port <domain of proxy server>:80 vhost
defaultsite=<domain of actual webserver>
acl domains_backend dstdomain <domain of actual
webserver>
acl HTTP protocol HTTP
acl port80 port 80
never_direct allow all
cache_peer domains_backend sibling 80 0 originserver
cache_peer_access allow backend domains_backend
http_access allow HTTP port80 domains_backend

Questions:
1. For the cache_peer tag, there are only 3 types:
'parent', 'sibling' & 'multicast'. What should I put
here?

2. When I run the squid, it prompts me the line no of
cache_peer_access tag with the message "No cache_peer
'allow' ". Any advice?

3. As I need to rewrite the Location headers before
passed on to the client. Can advice on what are the
configuration required. I have read through the
default squid.conf, not really clear on what should I
configure for the things to work.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Lyn