[squid-users] Vedr.: Re: [squid-users] how to serve stale pages - if the originserver is dead..

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:34:19 +0100

Hi Rob,

Nice to know I'm not alone in this :-)

I'm not sure, but I think the no_cache tag means, that it caches the object
- but refreshes it everytime - and if this is so,
then the solution - that I asked about - with serving objects even though
they should be refreshed - if the originserver
is down.. would also fix your problem..

What do the squid-experts say? am I right abouth the no_cache tag?

If so, how much and where would you need to alter the refresh algorithm to
support this? - perhaps it would be easier if using the rproxy.patch?

Best regards
Klavs

Sorry, no solution, just wanted you to know you are not alone.
I also want that feature. It would also be nice if one could have squid
cache 'uncacheable' pages, just to be able to serve them in case of
the origin server is down. Imagine you use squid as an accelerator,
and the webserver has some strange operating system that requires patches
and reboots all the time, it would be nice to serve stale pages,
even those without last-modified or other cache-controls.... I think...

Regards
Robban