RE: [squid-users] my squid box isn't forwarding packets.

From: Mike Lee <mike.lee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:48:22 -0800

Henrik, thanks for the response. I was hoping you would pick up my
question.. :)

My squid box wasn't working with http accelerator mode and with icmp turned
on, i was trying to do some testing..

After the install/configuration as httpd accelerator(./configure), i turned
on tcpdump on my squid box(kernel 2.2.5 on SUSE)

I can see the incoming http request(3 syn packets), but my squid box fails
to forward the traffic to the final destination.

Do i need to fun ipchains to make this work?? I know "intercept mode" talks
about it, but "accelerator mode" doesn't mention anything about that. I
mean the packet is really not for the squid server since the destination ip
doesn't match with its own, and squid server seems it doesn't know what to
do with that packet.

Here is my config again,

httpd_accel_host 63.124.184.222
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl acceleratedHost dst 63.124.184.222/255.255.255.255
acl acceleratedPort port 80
acl all src 0.0.0.0
http_access allow acceleratedHost acceleratedPort
http_access allow CONNECT
http_access allow all
never_direct allow CONNECT