[squid-users] ACL priority, differences btw urlpath and url_regex

From: Federico <egopfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:38:03 +0100

I'm building a series of ACL to replace the slowful Dansguardian or the not
very configurable squidGuard.
the best way is to set correct squid-acls :-)

now for first thing I wanna make my net to access al sites and doo
everything.
after that I create an acl, called "exception" in with i put address that
for commercial use, must be an exception do deny acl.
Now, i create another acl, called "users" in with I put the class adresses
of my users.
Now let's create acl to deny what i want:
Create an acl to deny porn sites, and another acl do block some mime
download.

acl are:
acl mynet src 192.168.5.0/27

acl exception src /usr/squid/data/exception

acl users src /usr/squid/data/utenti

acl goodurl url_regex -i /usr/squid/data/goodurl

acl badurl url_regex -i /usr/squid/data/badurl

acl goodmime urlpath_regex -i /usr/squid/data/goodmime

acl badmime urlpath_regex -i /usr/squid/data/badmime

I put the acl in this order:

http_access allow mynet

http_access allow exception

http_access allow goodurl

http_access allow goodmime

http_access deny badurl

http_access deny badmime

http_access allow utenti

http_access deny all

I make this because I want:

Mynet without any limitation.
Exception without any limitation.
access to goodurls without any limitation
accesso to goodmime urls without any limitation
deny access to badurl and badmimetype.

Now the question is:
If for example, a "mynet" user try to download a mimetype that is contented
in "badurl" can donwload or not?
If a user try to download a mimetype that is contend in "badmime", but the
url is contened in "goodurl", can download or not?

Thak you in advance, Federico.