[squid-users] squid performance of 2.4 much worse than 2.2 and 2.3?

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:03:12 +0100

Hi Gary and everyone else on the squid-users list..

Is Gary right in his understanding that squid 2.2 and 2.3 are considerably
faster than the current 2.4 stable?
and whatabout the 2.5?

best regards,
Klavs

Hello Klavs,

Have you tried one of the older versions of squid, like 2.2 or 2.3? i
understand that the performance for 2.4 is considerably less than the
older versions. of course, if you need features that are only available
in one of the newer squid versions, i suppose this wouldn't help much.

gary