Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy - security hole?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:32:08 +0100

The comment is intended for people using Squid as an accelerator, not exacly
relevant to transparent proxying.

It is not exacly a hole. When the option is enabled one must be careful to
set up access controls in http_access. People running Squid as an accelerator
can get by without any access controls if the option is not enabled.

People running Squid as a proxy (normal or transparent) always have to worry
about access controls, regardless of how httpd_accel_uses_host_header is
configured. For transparently intercepting proxies the option MUST be enabled.

Squid Hacker