Re: [squid-users] URL proxy question.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:28:42 +0100

If you are using Squid as a proxy, then this is done via redirection. You need to write a
redirector thar rewrites the URL "on the fly".

The following small Perl snippet should do...

#!/usr/bin/perl -p
BEGIN { $| = 1 }
s%^http://www.coolsite.co.za%http://www.coolsite.com% && next;

If you does not use Squid as a proxy, and want it to act as a surrogate for
www.coolsite.com, then what you are looking for is called "acceleration".
I.e. if you want to publish a http://www.coolsite.co.za on the internet,
acting as a caching surrogate http://www.coolsite.com

Squid Hacker