Re: [squid-users] squid latency

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:31:05 -0800 (PST)

a-o-a
             Well as far as I have seen some of the
pages with light gif and small data to send , have no
such problem with squid , where as pages with heavy
gifs and Large Data to be thrwon through squid, do
have som latency. e-g, yahoo.com and its Links are
very smooth, where as cnn.com andits links....are
seems to be like they have been stored and then just
thrown to the client

              But this behavior is not specific. One
more thing, the HITS comes with a latency , where as
the MISS request comes as it is being fetched by the
squid. So I mean that when a page is being requested
by GET the HITS are being stored and than delivered at
once, where as the MISS is delivered directly, so Data
is being sent untill all is done..Something like that

GET--->HIT
   --->HIT
   --->HIT
   <---
where as in case of Miss

GET ---> MISS
    <---
     ---> MISS
    <-----

  Some thing like that, well may be the Window size,
but its starnge, but I do expereince it some times.

--- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
> First one needs to understand where the latency
> comes from. HTML tables is
> not the source, neither shoud Squid be.
>
> As said previously Squid does not normally wait for
> the page to be
> downloaded. I can imagine that the differences in
> TCP windows and similar
> things may affect the preceived performance on slow
> links.
>
> A tcpdump log of the traffic between client<->proxy
> and proxy<->server should
> reveal some...
>

> On Thursday 08 November 2001 15.49, Ahsan Ali wrote:
> > So is there a way to fix this problem? Anyone with
> any suggestions?
> >
> > -Ahsan Ali

=====
Regards,