Re: [squid-users] Preventing Large downloads

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:43:44 +0100

On Thursday 15 November 2001 23.39, Lewis Shobbrook wrote:

> Is it possible to restrict the size of files downloaded over the web using
> squid? Eg set a threshold of 10 Mb. I know that we can stop squid
> caching, but can we prevent users from downloading a file if it over a
> threshold? Also is there anyway to log files requested by a particular IP?

From squid.conf.default:

# TAG: reply_body_max_size bytes allow|deny acl acl...
# This option specifies the maximum size of a reply body. It
# can be used to prevent users from downloading very large files,
# such as MP3's and movies. When the reply headers are recieved,
[...]

and the requestors IP is always logged, on every request. As is the reply
size.

--
MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support