[squid-users] Re: WCCP

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:32:47 +0100

TIME_WAIT is rarely a problem on Linux, especially not if you have sufficient
amount of main memory. Running out of free ports may be, but are better fixed
by increasing the port range than decreasing TIME_WAIT..

If you are using ipchains in a Linux-2.4 kernel then switching to iptables is
a good idea. At least two people have confirmed that the Linux-2.4 ipchains
emulation layer is broken.

Squid Hacker

--
MARA Systems AB