Re: [squid-users] DHCP clients with squid proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:23:33 +0100

Squid is not an NNTP proxy.

The only NNTP services Squid can provide is the ability by some browsers
to connect to SSL NNTP servers (snews). For this to work the browser
must be configured to use Squid as a proxy for SSL ("Secure" proxy).

If it is not an SSL NNTP server (snews) then neither of your clients are
using Squid to connect to the service.

Squid does not care at all how the client has got it's IP address. An IP
is just an IP.

Squid Hacker