RE: [squid-users] Squid Newbie needs help

From: Rafael Bayona <linuxquestions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:14:37 -0500

Hi Henrik, I'm running Redhat Linux 7.1, Squid Ver 2.3.STABLE4

I also run squid -X and this messages called my attention:

Processing: 'http_access deny all'
parse_line: http_access deny all
aclParseAceesLine: looking for ACL name 'all'
squind.conf line 1205: http_access deny all
aclParseAccessLine: ACL name 'all' not found
squind.conf line 1205: http_access deny all
aclParseAccessLine: Access line contains no ACL's, skipping

So I figured out that the 'all' definition was missing. I took the one from
squid.conf.default so, I added this line:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

And I came back to the same previous error (In MSIE6.0):

ERROR

----
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://my.yahoo.com/
The following error was encountered:
Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect.
Your cache administrator is root.
----
Generated Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:34:55 GMT by ns1.setecsa.com
(Squid/2.3.STABLE4)
I'm still lost. By the way, where can I find the cache.log file?
Thanks for your time,
Rafael