Re: [squid-users] accelerator: serving cached objects even if 'httpd_accel_host' is down

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:16:28 +0100

If the object expires and cannot be revalidated (no Last-Modified
information) then it won't be revalidated. Squid will then simply try to
fetch a new version, where the fallback on old version mechanism does not
exists.

For the Squid mechanism to be effective you need to include a Last-Modified
header in the reply.

--
MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support