Re: [squid-users] DOKU IN DEUTSCH ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:57:25 +0100

Hi Thomas

To set up WCCP there is a number of steps you need to perform

a) Get familiar with Squid operation as a normal proxy

b) Learn how to intercept TCP traffic on your operating system of choice.

For Linux-2.4 the interception method is netfilter/iptables, using the
REDIRECT target. Also requires Squid to be compiled with support for
netfilter (see configure --help)

c) Configure Squid properly for transparently intercepting traffic.

Step 'b' and 'c' is most easily tested by having a station on the same
network as the proxy server, using the proxy server as default gateway/router.

d) Get WCCP support for your operating system. On linux this is either the
ip_wccp module, or a modified GRE module.

e) Configure Squid and your router for WCCP.

--
MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support