Re: [squid-users] Squid Parent: child process exited ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:55:59 +0100

How large per process address space is your kernel compiled for? When
going about 1GB the kernel needs to be compiler appropriately.

I would not be surprised if your Squid is hitting the upper per process
size your kernel can support. 32 bit hardware theoretically cannot
support more than 4GB of virtual memory space per process, and this
memory space is divided into a number of regions (executable, libraries,
data, stack, reserved, ...) leaving only a smaller portion to data.