[squid-users] Caching PHP thru Squid Reverse Proxy

From: James Stewart <james.stewart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:25:12 +0100

I have Squid set up as a reverse proxy pointing back to an Apache/PHP
web server. I'm trying to convince squid to cache the output of PHP
scripts but with mixed success.

I've reduced my test to a basic script that runs phpinfo();. When I
connect to the page via my squid reverse proxy this seems to result in a
mem_hit using IE but a miss when I use Firefox.

Does anybody know why there would be a difference based on which browser
I use? Any suggestions on how to make Squid cache php consistently?

Thanks,

James