[squid-users] Cache_dir, Cache_mem & Linux swap.

From: Palmer J.D.F. <J.D.F.Palmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:11:04 -0000

Hello,

I am just building my new servers and would like you opinion on a few
things.

1). I have 6 18Gb discs in the machine, my initial plan was to have 1
System, 1 for logs and 4 for cache_dir.
Would I be better off 5 for cache_dir and putting the system & logs onto the
same disk?
Or any other recommendations?

2). I have 3Gb of RAM in each of these servers, so how much cache_mem
should I be looking at setting?

3). As a rule of thumb in the past I have set Linux swap as twice the
amount of ram, surely I'm not going to set 6Gb, so what amount of swap would
you recommend, if any?

Many thanks,

Jezz Palmer.

Jezz Palmer.