Re: [squid-users] adaptive refresh..

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:02:31 -0700 (MST)

Klavs,

        I suggest you use Squid without "adaptive refresh" for X days,
then CacheFlow with "adaptive refresh" for X days (or, better, in
parallel). Then see if your server logs show any performance
difference. If they do, run CacheFlow without "adaptive refresh" for X
days and compare again.

        I bet that "adaptive refresh" will not have significant impact
in your environment, especially if your server adds Last-Modified
and/or Expires headers. Keep in mind that this technique does not save
client-side bandwidth, might reduce client-side response times, might
use more server-side bandwidth, and may increase load on the server,
depending on user-access and page-modification patterns. I do not know
what you mean by "does save a lot of capacity".

Alex.