[squid-users] windows xp update problem

From: M. Yu <myu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:01:56 +0800

Hey all,

Something curious just came up. A user called me up to complain he can't
get Windows XP Update to work when going thru our cache but he could do it
if he bypasses the cache. I grep'ped access.log and the first instance of
"update" related to Microsoft was a MISS (logical enuf). The next entry was
a HIT (again logical enuf). Both referred to the file ident.cab (or
something like that). My question is, why is IE spitting an error message
that some error occurred and refuses to continue with the updates?

I'm sure Win98/SE updates worked since I myself updated thru the web. It
seems that only the XP update is barfing. Any ideas?

M. Yu