[squid-users] Squid and NT FTP Servers

From: Pedro Alte <pedro.alte@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:07:51 -0000

Hi all.

I'm using squid on a linux box running RedHat 7.1 (squid 2.3something) and
it works pretty well, except for some FTP sites.
When I open a browser on a client (tryed with Konqueror and Internet
Explorer 5), and type for example 'ftp.compaq.com' the browser hangs or I
get a 'time out' message after a long time. Although, some ftp's are working
quite well.

I tryed to figure out what was the main difference between these FTP sites
and the ones that work, and I guess I found it.
The FTP sites which I can't browse through squid are Windows NT FTP Servers,
like Compaq and NAI servers, while browsing unix FTP sites (like HP,
CAI,...) everything works fine.

Does anyone know why this is happenning? ...any solution...?
Thanx in advance. Cheers.

Pedro.