Re: [squid-users] Squid and NT FTP Servers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:20:47 +0100

This is not a Squid problem. It is a broken firewall disliking the
standards track TCP extension ECN (RFC 3168, Proposed Standard,
September 2001).

Support for ECN is enabled by default in some Linux distributions. You
can disable it by running
  echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
Also take the time to complain to the operators of the sites you have
found, telling them that their firewall is broken and denies fully valid
traffic.

For more information about ECN see http://www.aciri.org/floyd/ecn.html

Squid Hacker