[squid-users] Re: Setting ulimit for Filedescriptors.

From: Shanker Balan <shanu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:36:52 +0530

Hello:

Joe Cooper wrote,
> Don't forget to set it in the shell where the squid process is started
> (i.e. put it into the shell script that start Squid each time the
> system boots). Squid is limited by the shell where it is started, as
> well as the shell where it was compiled.

IMHO, this is a very vital piece of information and should be added to
the FAQ. I spent a hell of a lot of time sometime earlier trying to
figuring out why Squid refused to start even though i had increased the
file descriptors size in /proc.

Could the FAQ maintainer (Duane Wessels) please make the above point
clearer in the FAQ (Q 11.4 Running out of file descriptors)?

Thank you for your time.

-- Shanu

--
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi: