[squid-users] ICQ and Squid

From: Rafael Bayona <linuxquestions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:26:48 -0500

Thank to you guys, specially Henrik, my squid proxy server is working. I got
to say I'm impressed, It wasn't that hard to configure, and it's really
faster than the previous one (MSProxy)

But not fine at all. I'm having problems with ICQ, MSN Messenger, Morpheus,
Audiogalaxy, real audio, etc. I've investigated about what ports they use,
and they seem to be opened to me. (Acording to the line
acl Safe_ports port 80 21 443 563 70 210 1025-65535

What can I do to make those services to work?

I also want to create user groups, validating their usernames. Each group
will be able to use different ports, and also different bandwidths. For what
I've read, I'll have to use a daemon for the username validation .... and
that the best ones is MSNT_AUTH ... But I can't find it, nor install it (How
do I install it?, I just downloaded msntauth-v2.0.tgz). I'm really lost
here.

By the way, I'm confused here: Is squid an http proxy, socks proxy or both
of them? Is SOCKS4 o SOCKS5? If not, is there a way to make it able to work
like one?

Thanks for your help,

Rafael

PS. Useful info for you

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl lared src 195.69.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443 563